- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodles(65)
Sort By :
I made these exactly like the recipe and they came out perfect. They do not stay in a ball shape , they spread as they bake. If they started out flattened then they would spread even more and become too thin and hard. Be sure not toovercook, they should still be soft when coming out of the oven. They will harden a little as they cool. These had a nice light texture and taste
Very quick and easy. Cookies taste just like my mom's recipe. Would make again.
The flavor was fantastic! If you want them to look like balls, you probably have to roll them into balls and then chill them before baking.
My family absolutely raved about these cookies. It will be a year round cookie for us not just for Christmas.
First snickerdoodle recipe I've tried - these cookies were super easy to make and quite tasty! Mine didn't flatten too much while baking and they are perfectly crisp outside while soft and chewy inside.