- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"This is the exact recipe from my better homes and garden cookbook. They are really good. Used a small cookie scoop to make the cookies. Got about half a dozen less. Baked for the 10-11 min and they came out perfect. Bigger and flatter than the picture but still crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle. Might not be so flat if you refrigerated the dough first like my cookbook said to do. I just didn't have time and they still turned out wonderful."
"Delicious and easy to make. A family favorite."
"My 1st time making these cookies,and all i can say is they didn't last at all. Definitely a keeper!!!"
"I like to double the cinnamon. We make these cookies all the time."
"I have made these as written for several years, and they turn out as slightly puffy round cookies that are absolutely delicious. I have tried several other snickerdoodle recipes, and this is definitely my family's favorite. It's now my go-to recipe for snickerdoodles. I think my family would mutiny if I tried to use a different recipe."