- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
"Delicious! I mixed dark and light brown sugar and they were so yummy! Hubby and kid approved. I am not great at baking and this was super easy. Will definitely make again."
"I'm a stickler on making recipes as written the first time I make them, but I saw the comment from the author saying that the original recipe used a 9x13 pan. So I used that and baked for 25 min. Wonderful! Not incredibly moist, but not dry either. I'm not even a big snickerdoodle fan, and I can't stop eating these."
"These are great but next time I will use a 9x13 pan they are very thick when you use the 9" pan. They made my kitchen smell wonderful I will make them again and again a good to bar cookie"
"These are delicious, and soft and so easy to make. I used a 9x13 pan and cooked for 25mins.. I've been making them for my kid's school and Bible study, Christmas parties. I cut them into 1" pieces. Thanks for sharing your recipe!"
"I like snickerdoodles, so I thought this recipe looked interesting. Wow...I can't begin to say how good these bars are! They did not disappoint. The flavor is absolutely perfect, and the texture of the bars is perfect. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"I made these for boss's day and my boss mentioned he had 3 for breakfast (so I think they are a winner). My husband really liked them as well. I made as the recipe states, no modifications. I did use a dark 9" baking pan and cooked for exactly 35 minutes."
"Excellent - the grandkids & their friends loved them. Nan1951 your great, loved your response to gacookiebaker it was spot on."
"Easy to put together and very tasty!"
"I often "file for later" my Recipe of the Day, but I knew I would make this one immediately. I made half a batch and baked in an 8x8 pan for 25 min and they were absolutely perfect: soft, moist and chewy. I took them to my Bible study class last night still slightly warm and everyone asked for the recipe. The only change I made was I used the entire amount of topping for the 8x8 pan. Definitely a "keeper"!"
"I must have done something wrong also. While it had good flavor, it was very dry & I baked it on the minimum time."