- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
"Wish I had read all the reviews before making! These have a great flavor, but the main recipe needs to be changed to reflect baking in a larger pan. Mine sunk in the middle...as I was putting the batter in the pan I thought to myself there was too much batter and it was too thick for such a small pan."
"Fantastic! I too used a 9x13 pan and baked for 25 minutes, they came out perfect. I'm addicted!"
"Delicious bars that our whole family enjoyed. I doubled the recipe and baked them in a 9x13 pan and they were just right--a nice substantial bar that made a nice impression."
"Delicious! I mixed dark and light brown sugar and they were so yummy! Hubby and kid approved. I am not great at baking and this was super easy. Will definitely make again."
"I'm a stickler on making recipes as written the first time I make them, but I saw the comment from the author saying that the original recipe used a 9x13 pan. So I used that and baked for 25 min. Wonderful! Not incredibly moist, but not dry either. I'm not even a big snickerdoodle fan, and I can't stop eating these."
"These are great but next time I will use a 9x13 pan they are very thick when you use the 9" pan. They made my kitchen smell wonderful I will make them again and again a good to bar cookie"
"These are delicious, and soft and so easy to make. I used a 9x13 pan and cooked for 25mins.. I've been making them for my kid's school and Bible study, Christmas parties. I cut them into 1" pieces. Thanks for sharing your recipe!"
"I like snickerdoodles, so I thought this recipe looked interesting. Wow...I can't begin to say how good these bars are! They did not disappoint. The flavor is absolutely perfect, and the texture of the bars is perfect. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"I made these for boss's day and my boss mentioned he had 3 for breakfast (so I think they are a winner). My husband really liked them as well. I made as the recipe states, no modifications. I did use a dark 9" baking pan and cooked for exactly 35 minutes."
"Excellent - the grandkids & their friends loved them. Nan1951 your great, loved your response to gacookiebaker it was spot on."