- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
"My husband's favorite cookie is the snickerdoodle. He thinks these bars are just as good as the cookies."
"Delicious and very easy. Used a 9x13 pan and baked 25 minutes. Moist with a great crumb. Cut into 16 pieces, could easily cut into 32."
"Amazing and so much easier to make than snickerdoodle cookies. I did what another reviewer did and used a 13x9" pan and baked for 25 minutes. YUMMY!!!!"
"Wish I had read all the reviews before making! These have a great flavor, but the main recipe needs to be changed to reflect baking in a larger pan. Mine sunk in the middle...as I was putting the batter in the pan I thought to myself there was too much batter and it was too thick for such a small pan."
"Fantastic! I too used a 9x13 pan and baked for 25 minutes, they came out perfect. I'm addicted!"
"Delicious bars that our whole family enjoyed. I doubled the recipe and baked them in a 9x13 pan and they were just right--a nice substantial bar that made a nice impression."
"Delicious! I mixed dark and light brown sugar and they were so yummy! Hubby and kid approved. I am not great at baking and this was super easy. Will definitely make again."
"I'm a stickler on making recipes as written the first time I make them, but I saw the comment from the author saying that the original recipe used a 9x13 pan. So I used that and baked for 25 min. Wonderful! Not incredibly moist, but not dry either. I'm not even a big snickerdoodle fan, and I can't stop eating these."
"These are great but next time I will use a 9x13 pan they are very thick when you use the 9" pan. They made my kitchen smell wonderful I will make them again and again a good to bar cookie"
"These are delicious, and soft and so easy to make. I used a 9x13 pan and cooked for 25mins.. I've been making them for my kid's school and Bible study, Christmas parties. I cut them into 1" pieces. Thanks for sharing your recipe!"