Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
Sort By :
Great recipe, great taste and great texture. I used an 11 x 7 pan and cooked on 350 for 40 minutes. (Perfect). I will make these again. Made the whole house smell like cinnamon toast.
I have a son that doesn't like chocolate so am always looking for new after school treats to make for him. I didn't have a 9x9 pan so I used a 11x7 pan & it worked out well. These were so good!!!
These were delicious and had a great texture. I do think that the cooking time needs to be increased, as mine were still a little gooey in the middle and needed to spend a little more time in the oven.
Thank you for leaving your review. This recipe was originally submitted to use a 9x13 pan, however the test kitchen felt they were a "more decadent thick bar" using a metal 9x9 square pan. It was suggested "If the top starts to get too brown before the center is done, loosely cover the pan with foil for the remainder of the baking time." If you decide to bake these bars in a 9x13 your baking time should be reduced to 25-30 minutes. Hope that helps. Vseward
The flavor of these bars was fabulous and addictive. My husband pronounced them "evil" because he couldn't stop reaching for them. I think the 9x9 pan size is much too small. When I was spreading the batter in the pan, it came up almost to the top, and I thought, this is too thick. And it was. My bars got overdone on the top and underdone in the center. So next time, I think I will use a 13x9 and shorten the baking time.