When asked to bring a dessert for my boys' football team to share, I whipped up these unique blondies and was instantly named "the greatest mom" by all. Wrap them up creatively to make super festive; they'll be a surefire hit with friends and family too. —Valonda Seward, Coarsegold, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p44
Reviews for Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review