Sneaky Lasagna Recipe
“Lasagna’s always been a family favorite," explains Catherine Yoder of New Paris, Indiana. "But since my children and husband aren’t very fond of some veggies, I started ‘sneaking’ them into this dish and they hardly notice! It feeds a crowd and is great for potlucks or family reunions.”
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. Finely chop the vegetables; place in a bowl. Stir in eggs and cottage cheese; set aside.
- 2. Drain beef; stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread 2 cups meat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Spread half of the vegetable mixture to edges of noodles. Layer with 2 cups meat mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with four noodles, remaining vegetable mixture and 2 cups meat mixture. Layer with remaining noodles, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC