- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. Finely chop the vegetables; place in a bowl. Stir in eggs and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Drain beef; stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread 2 cups meat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Spread half of the vegetable mixture to edges of noodles. Layer with 2 cups meat mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with four noodles, remaining vegetable mixture and 2 cups meat mixture. Layer with remaining noodles, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sneaky Lasagna
"Yum! And so much speedier than other lasagna recipes I have followed. I used ground chicken (cheaper) & did not chop the vegetables after I microwaved them. It seemed unnecessary.-Theresa"
"Turned out very good - I'm just glad I thought to put a baking sheet under the pan to catch the spill over"
"I made this recipe for my family and we gobbled it up! Leftovers were also excellent. I loved it so much that I made it a few days later for a new mom and my sister made it for friends. Definitely a keeper!"