Snappy Pumpkin Dessert
Our town has a pumpkin-canning factory, so we're known as the "Pumpkin Capital of the World". New pumpkin recipes are always welcomed by our family, and this has become a favorite. The gingersnap crust goes great with the pumpkin.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 40 cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter; press into a
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10
- minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk
- until smooth. Spread over the crust. In another large bowl, whisk
- milk and pudding mix for 1 minute. Add pumpkin and pie spice; whisk
- until well blended.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into squares; garnish with
- whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.