Snappy Potato Salad
Folks who like their food with some zip will love this unique potato salad. Horseradish and mustard combine for a zesty flavor, while celery, carrots and onion.Madeleine Haney, San Carlos, California
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, bacon, onion and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish;
- cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Add celery and
- carrot; mix well. Pour over potato mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 464 calories, 38 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.