Snappy Peas and Carrots Recipe
This brightly colored veggie side was stirred up by our home economists. It goes well with the peppery tenderloin.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and boil for 4 minutes. Add peas; cover and boil 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients; saute until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 69 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC