This brightly colored veggie side was stirred up by our home economists. It goes well with the peppery tenderloin.
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and boil for 4 minutes. Add peas; cover and boil 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients; saute until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Peas and Carrots in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p16
Reviews for Snappy Peas and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review