Snappy Individual Peach Crisps
Crushed gingersnaps spice up the warm sweet peaches in this down-home dessert from our Test Kitchen. It's so yummy you won't think you're eating light!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 4 cookies)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar, lemon juice,
- salt, nutmeg and peaches. Set aside for 30 minutes. Divide peaches
- between two 10-oz. baking dishes. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs,
- cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle
- over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or
- until peaches are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 219 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.