Snappy Individual Peach Crisps Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 4 cookies)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg and peaches. Set aside for 30 minutes. Divide peaches between two 10-oz. baking dishes. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until peaches are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 219 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Snappy Individual Peach Crisps
"My peaches were not the best, they'd been frozen for a while, but they were great in this dessert! Super easy to do, I used a round corning wear casserole because I didn't have the individual dishes, and just split it into 2 portions. Very good, and would be great with apples too!"
"I love this recipe. I make it in my toaster oven. I love the ginger bread cookies for the crust."
"serve warm with ice cream yum!"