Crushed gingersnaps spice up the warm sweet peaches in this down-home dessert from our Test Kitchen. It's so yummy you won't think you're eating light!
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 4 cookies)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg and peaches. Set aside for 30 minutes. Divide peaches between two 10-oz. baking dishes. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until peaches are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Individual Peach Crisps in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p62
Reviews for Snappy Individual Peach Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2013
"I love this recipe. I make it in my toaster oven. I love the ginger bread cookies for the crust."
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2009
"serve warm with ice cream yum!"