- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 4 cookies)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg and peaches. Set aside for 30 minutes. Divide peaches between two 10-oz. baking dishes. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until peaches are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Individual Peach Crisps in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p62
Reviews for Snappy Individual Peach Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2016
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2013
"I love this recipe. I make it in my toaster oven. I love the ginger bread cookies for the crust."
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2009
"serve warm with ice cream yum!"