“We have a small group that meets once a week for exercise and to share ideas on 'light & tasty' foods that are good for us but also quick," writes Eva Brookman of Davis, Illinois. "This is one of our favorite recipes.”
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add onion; cover and microwave at 50% power 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and rosemary. Stir in spinach, rice, onion mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to an 8x4-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes or until firm and a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Herbed Spinach in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p19
Reviews for Snappy Herbed Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review