- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add onion; cover and microwave at 50% power 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and rosemary. Stir in spinach, rice, onion mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to an 8x4-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes or until firm and a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Snappy Herbed Spinach
Sort By :
Instead of rosemary maybe basil, even fresh at this time. Or my favorite thing to use is LEMON PEPPEER blends. Goes with anything.
I have not made this recipe yet, but I would like to know what herb could be replaced for the rosemary. I do not care for this herb. Judith