- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add onion; cover and microwave at 50% power 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and rosemary. Stir in spinach, rice, onion mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to an 8x4-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes or until firm and a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Snappy Herbed Spinach
Sort By :
"Instead of rosemary maybe basil, even fresh at this time. Or my favorite thing to use is LEMON PEPPEER blends. Goes with anything."
"I have not made this recipe yet, but I would like to know what herb could be replaced for the rosemary. I do not care for this herb. Judith"