This streamlined side dish is a great way to serve fresh beans from the garden. It's simple yet looks elegant. With its mild seasonings, it complements most any dish.—Tammy Neubauer of Ida Grove, Iowa
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Green Beans in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p27
Reviews forSnappy Green Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2013
"Delicious. The lemon-butter glaze combo gives them a nice tangy and fresh flavor."
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2009
"This recipe looks good!"