This streamlined side dish is a great way to serve fresh beans from the garden. It's simple yet looks elegant. With its mild seasonings, it complements most any dish.—Tammy Neubauer of Ida Grove, Iowa
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Green Beans in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p27
Reviews for Snappy Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2013
"Delicious. The lemon-butter glaze combo gives them a nice tangy and fresh flavor."
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2009
"This recipe looks good!"