Snappy Ginger Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: To tell the truth, I cook out of necessity but enjoy myself when I bake! I make these for school lunches and my husband to take with him to work. They are nice to serve for breakfast besides. Our children are 9 and 5. While we don't farm, our home's out in the country and we do have a pony here. -Marlene Falsetti, Lowbanks, Ontario
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a bowl, beat the oil and sugars. Beat in molasses and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt; stir into molasses mixture alternately with water.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 20 standard-size muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Snappy Ginger Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC