Snappy Garlic Bread
A garlic lover’s dream, this zesty loaf is perfect with pizza. Plus, it’s a snap to put together at the last minute.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Combine butter and garlic;
- spread over both halves of bread. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and pepper flakes;
- sprinkle over mozzarella.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 10-13 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
- Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.