- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Combine butter and garlic; spread over both halves of bread. Top with mozzarella cheese. Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and pepper flakes; sprinkle over mozzarella.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 slices.
Originally published as Snappy Garlic Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p77
Reviews for Snappy Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2013
LOOOOVE this bread!! It was cooked perfectly in 10 minutes. It came out golden brown, but not too crunchy; the cheese was melted completely; soft on the inside. This will be a frequent side to our pasta dishes.
More Recipe Collections
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >