- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Combine butter and garlic; spread over both halves of bread. Top with mozzarella cheese. Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and pepper flakes; sprinkle over mozzarella.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 slices.
Originally published as Snappy Garlic Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p77
Reviews for Snappy Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2017
"Very good. My husband and son especially loved it."
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2015
"Made this tonight. What a wonderful recipe. Something about that real butter making it taste better than the store bought version. I highly recomend this recipe!"