Snappy Cocktail Meatballs Recipe
This recipe was given to me over 20 years ago by a German lady. They're easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time.- Nancy Means, Moline, Illinois
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 10 gingersnaps, finely crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and onion in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in gingersnaps, continuing to boil until sauce is thick and clear. Reduce heat to simmer; add meatballs. Heat through. Yield: About 5 dozen.
3 each: 126 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Snappy Cocktail Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC