Snappy Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon sesame or canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry vegetable blend in oil for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1 tablespoon almonds: 365 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Snappy Chicken Stir-Fry
"Excellent! The only change I made was to substitute jasmine rice for the brown rice. We will definitely make this again!"
"This recipe was tasty and easy. I would use less cornstarch next time or double the sauce as I found there wasn't enough."
"I have never cooked much. But I am now diet conscious, so when I found this magazine in the dentist's office, I had no qualms about snagging it. I tried this recipe today with the following changes:-No crushed red pepper-Add a few dashes of celery salt-Add a bit of black pepper-Reduce ginger to 1/2 tspI was so happy with this recipe; it tasted awesome and I shocked myself that I could make good tasting stirfry. I was also very pleased with the low sodium choices. I am going to try the spaghetti from this issue next."
"Made it tonight with my sweetie - we substituted couscous instead of brown rice. The toasted almonds really gave it texture and since its just the two of us, we have 'planned overs' for lunch. Very filling, we'll definitely make it again."