Snappy Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon sesame or canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and pepper flakes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry vegetable blend in oil for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1 tablespoon almonds equals 365 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Snappy Chicken Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.