Snappy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Italian rolls or sandwich buns, split
- 1. Place beef in a Dutch oven. Combine all remaining ingredients except the rolls; pour over beef.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 5 hours, turning beef occasionally. Shred beef with a fork. Serve on rolls or buns. Yield: about 24 servings.
1 each: 158 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Snappy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
"Really delicious and easy. I use a spicy bbq sauce to balance the brown sugar."
"I hate recipes that call for "barbecue sauce." There are so many different types of barbecue sauces that there's no way to guess which one the author used."