Snappy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Recipe
Meet the Cook: My husband and I do a lot of one-pot cooking (he taught me to cook after we were married!). The beef in these sandwiches is like an oven stew, but we'll often prepare it in a slow cooker - putting it on in the morning so we can just dish it up when we get home from work. Jerry is a rural mail carrier, and I am a nurse (this recipe came from one of the cookbooks that our hospital employees regularly compile). We have two grown sons...both of whom cook! -Patricia Throlson, Clear Lake, Minnesota.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Italian rolls or sandwich buns, split
- Place beef in a Dutch oven. Combine all remaining ingredients except the rolls; pour over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 5 hours, turning beef occasionally. Shred beef with a fork. Serve on rolls or buns. Yield: about 24 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches in Country Woman May/June 1992, p31
Reviews for Snappy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2013
I hate recipes that call for "barbecue sauce." There are so many different types of barbecue sauces that there's no way to guess which one the author used.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >