Snappy Asparagus Dip
Need a lighter appetizer that comes together in a snap? You have it right here. This creamy asparagus dip goes great with chips or fresh vegetables. —Debra Johnson, Bonney Lake, Washington
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Dash lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and
- In a food processor, puree asparagus until smooth. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Chill. Serve with fresh vegetables and/or
- tortilla chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.