Snapper with Zucchini & Mushrooms Recipe
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups halved fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 red snapper or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and, if desired, pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 253 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Snapper with Zucchini & Mushrooms
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.