Snapper with Vegetable Medley Recipe
Here are three savory items from one recipe. It's my typical Friday dinner when a quick delicious meal is the order of the day. The herbed rice perfectly complements the colorful veggie stir-fry and tender fish fillets. -Mary Ann Palestino of Brooklyn of New York
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 red snapper fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add snow peas; cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in vinegar. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle both sides of fillets with blackening seasoning. In the same skillet, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snapper with Vegetable Medley in Light & Tasty October 2005, p23
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Snapper with Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review