Snapper with Spicy Pineapple Glaze Recipe
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne; set aside. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Rub fillets with oil; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- 2. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with half of the glaze. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet: 304 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Snapper with Spicy Pineapple Glaze
"I thought it was okay, but my DH really didn't like it."