Snapper with Spicy Pineapple Glaze
Ginger and cayenne bring spice to this tangy treatment for red snapper fillets from our Test Kitchen. Sweet pineapple preserves round out the deletable combination of flavors.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, 1/2
- teaspoon salt and cayenne; set aside. Place fillets on a broiler pan
- coated with cooking spray. Rub fillets with oil; sprinkle with
- remaining salt.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with half of the
- glaze. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Baste with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 304 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.