- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne; set aside. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Rub fillets with oil; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with half of the glaze. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snapper with Spicy Pineapple Glaze in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p62
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Snapper with Spicy Pineapple Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2010
"I thought it was okay, but my DH really didn't like it."