Snap Salad comes from Rick Leeser of Medford, Oregon. "This colorful, refreshing salad is a snap to make and is enjoyable with any meal," he says. Crisp cucumbers really star in this zippy marinated medley.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, carrots, onion and raisins.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over the cucumber mixture; toss
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 52 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.