Snap Peas 'n' Pearl Onions
Pearl onions add a little "pop" to sugar snap peas in this side dish. It pairs well with a variety of entrees.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pearl onions (about 6 ounces)
- 5 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; boil,
- uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and
- set aside.
- Add 1 in. of water to a large skillet. Add peas; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- Add the onions, butter, lemon juice, honey, salt, dill and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until well coated. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.