- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pearl onions (about 6 ounces)
- 5 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; boil, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside.
- Add 1 in. of water to a large skillet. Add peas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add the onions, butter, lemon juice, honey, salt, dill and pepper. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until well coated. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Snap Peas 'n' Pearl Onions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p146
Reviews for Snap Peas 'n' Pearl Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- St. Patrick's Day Recipes >