Snap Peas 'n' Ham Alfredo
This fast-to-fix entree comes together in a jiffy with help from a frozen pasta and veggie medley. Adding ham and fresh sugar snap peas really jazzes it up. Add some red pepper flakes to the creamy mixture for an extra kick.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen pasta, broccoli and Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare pasta and sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile,
- place peas and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave
- on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Stir the peas, ham, oregano and pepper into pasta mixture; cook and
- stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 305 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,482 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.