This fast-to-fix entree comes together in a jiffy with help from a frozen pasta and veggie medley. Adding ham and fresh sugar snap peas really jazzes it up. Add some red pepper flakes to the creamy mixture for an extra kick.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen pasta, broccoli and Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare pasta and sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, place peas and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Stir the peas, ham, oregano and pepper into pasta mixture; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snap Peas 'n' Ham Alfredo in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p8
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Snap Peas 'n' Ham Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2013
"Nice fresh recipe for the summer"
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2012
"Plan to try, using non-frozen items. Saved in recipe box. Thank you for sharing recipe!!"