When snap peas are in season, we can’t resist making this crunchy salad. I usually serve it cold, but it's also good warm, with the peas straight from the pot. —Jean Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
Recommended: Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 16 cups water to a boil. Add snap peas; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until peas turn bright green. Remove peas and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with lemon peel. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Snap Pea Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Snap Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2016
"Made this as a side to a veggie-less stir fry. I only made about 1/3 recipe, which was plenty for 2 nights of meals for 4. .Fresh snap peas are very expensive in my area so not an economical side if making full recipe."