Snackin' Granola Recipe
Granola's a popular treat with children, and this one couldn't be easier to prepare. I flavor it with lots of tasty good-for-you ingredients. It's perfect to send in bag lunches or to serve after school. I've also used it as an "in-the-car" treat when we take family vacations. —Marlene Mohr, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins or chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips or M&M's
- 1. In a large metal bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, bring the oil and honey just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; pour over coconut mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- 2. Spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes, stirring several times. Pour onto waxed paper to cool. Sprinkle with chocolate chips or M&M's. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 106 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC