These crispy, chewy treats from Mrs. W.H. Gregory of Roanoke, Virginia pack lots of peanut flavor. "They're our favorite travel snack," she writes. "I always make a double batch so we have some left when we reach our destination."
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups Crispix cereal
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a
- microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Microwave
- on high for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved, stirring
- several times. Immediately stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour
- over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls
- onto waxed paper. Cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.