Snack Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 36 slices snack rye bread
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato paste, water and seasonings; cook over low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Place on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Snack Pizzas
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.