Snack Loot Recipe
Looking for some “booty” to fill the kids’ take-home loot sacks? This crunchy mix boasts loads of sweet, cinnamon flavor and tiny animal and goldfish crackers. It’s sure to appeal to swashbucklers of all ages! John Slivon – Navarre Beach, FL
- 6 cups Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- 1-1/2 cups animal crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup gummy candy shapes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the Cheerios, animal crackers, fish-shaped crackers and pretzels. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely. Stir in candy shapes. Yield: About 2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 220 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC