Looking for some “booty” to fill the kids’ take-home loot sacks? This crunchy mix boasts loads of sweet, cinnamon flavor and tiny animal and goldfish crackers. It’s sure to appeal to swashbucklers of all ages! John Slivon – Navarre Beach, FL
- 6 cups Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- 1-1/2 cups animal crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup gummy candy shapes
- In a large bowl, combine the Cheerios, animal crackers, fish-shaped crackers and pretzels. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely. Stir in candy shapes. Yield: About 2 quarts.
Originally published as Snack Loot in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p46
Reviews for Snack Loot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2014
"Great snack! My kids loved it. You could also melt white chocolate to our over the mix as well."