Snack Cake Mix Recipe
Your family can enjoy two distinctly different snack cakes with this simple mix from Kathy Nieratko of Fair Haven, Vermont. The moist and sweet banana version is chock-full of crunchy nuts while the applesauce cake has plenty of spicy goodness.
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR BANANA SNACK CAKE:
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR APPLESAUCE SNACK CAKE:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: about 11-1/2 cups (about 5 batches).
- 2. To prepare banana cake: In a bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Stir in 2-1/4 cups cake mix and banana; mix well. Fold in walnuts. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- 3. To prepare applesauce cake: In a bowl, beat egg, applesauce and oil. Add cinnamon, allspice, cloves and 2-1/4 cups cake mix; mix well. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 372 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Snack Cake Mix
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC