Snack Bars Recipe
- 9 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups raisins or M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a very large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a Dutch oven over low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and butter until the marshmallows are melted. Add honey and mix well.
- 2. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until blended. Add the raisins, M&M's or chocolate chips if desired. Pat two-thirds into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan and the remaining third into a 9-in. square pan. Cool before cutting into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 each: 137 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Snack Bars
"Kids love this recipe! It makes a lot and can also be a peanut free snack for kid who have allergies."