If your family likes granola bars, they're sure to love these tempting treats. Full of hearty ingredients, they're a perfect snack for taking along on picnics and bike trips or for packing in brow-bag lunches.Carolyn Fisher, Kinzer, Pennsylvania
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 9 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups raisins or M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a very large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a Dutch
- oven over low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and butter until the
- marshmallows are melted. Add honey and mix well.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir until blended. Add the raisins, M&M's
- or chocolate chips if desired. Pat two-thirds into a greased 15-in.
- x 10-in. x 1-in. pan and the remaining third into a 9-in. square
- pan. Cool before cutting into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.