If your family likes granola bars, they're sure to love these tempting treats. Full of hearty ingredients, they're a perfect snack for taking along on picnics and bike trips or for packing in brow-bag lunches.—Carolyn Fisher, Kinzer, Pennsylvania
- 9 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups raisins or M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a very large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a Dutch oven over low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and butter until the marshmallows are melted. Add honey and mix well.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir until blended. Add the raisins, M&M's or chocolate chips if desired. Pat two-thirds into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan and the remaining third into a 9-in. square pan. Cool before cutting into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Snack Bars in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p54
Reviews for Snack Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2010
"Kids love this recipe! It makes a lot and can also be a peanut free snack for kid who have allergies."