- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 slices Muenster or Swiss cheese
- Saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet until tender. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger; heat through. Remove and keep warm.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Cook chicken in remaining oil in the same skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Top with mushroom mixture and cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Smothered Teriyaki Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
This was really good. made exactly as written. Served with some steamed brocolli and spinach salad. Even our two little boys ate it, minus the mushrooms
This was very flavorful and the chicken was nice and juicy! This is a keeper.
This was pretty good... We don't like mushrooms so I didn't use them and doubled up on the onions instead. Like another reviewer said, it was a little on the sweet side so I might cut back or leave out the sugar next time. Thought the cheese would be odd paired with Asian food but I used it and ended up liking it. Overall the family enjoyed it and the house smelled wonderful while it was cooking.
I have made this twice so far. It is quick, easy and really good. Great flavor and everyone likes it. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >