Smothered Teriyaki Chicken Breasts
Wondering what to do with chicken tonight? This mildly sweet and savory recipe makes chicken dinner a winner! —Sally Nielsen, Quincy, IL
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 slices Muenster or Swiss cheese
- Saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet
- until tender. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder
- and ginger; heat through. Remove and keep warm.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Cook chicken in remaining oil
- in the same skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until no longer pink.
- Top with mushroom mixture and cheese. Cover and let stand until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.