Smothered Round Steak
Try less expensive round steak and gravy served over egg noodles for a hearty meal. Meaty and chock full of veggies, this slow cooker creation will take the worry out of what's-for-supper any weeknight. Kathy Garret - Camden, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add beef and shake to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, soy sauce and
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (calculated without noodles) equals 337 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,585 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 43 g protein.