- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef and shake to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, soy sauce and molasses.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Smothered Round Steak
Sort By :
"I didn't add the molasses, but we really enjoyed this dish. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I didn't add the molasses, but the dish still tasted very good."
"I made this shortly after this issue arrived, and it was wonderful; it was even better the next day! I used the molasses, although it sounded odd, but it was really delicious. Thank goodness for recipe search, though, since I can't find the issue with this recipe in it."
"This is delicious and so simple. I don't like canned mushrooms, so added 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms instead and it was just delicious!"