Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
Smothered Pork Chops shared by Simone Greene of Winchester, Virginia can be prepared in a flash using convenient stuffing mix. But they boast a delicious from-scratch flavor and will fill your house with the mouthwatering aroma of simmering apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. “It’s a dish my Mom used to make when I was still living at home,” Simone recalls. “The sweetness of the apple mixture makes such a nice complement to the savory stuffing and chops.”—Simone Greene, Winchester, Virginia
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork chops in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in the apples, brown sugar, water and salt. Top with meat with stuffing; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC