- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork chops in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the apples, brown sugar, water and salt. Top with meat with stuffing; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Smothered Pork Chops
Sort By :
"I haven't made this in a while but it is great. It is one of the few ways that I like stuffing."
"This is our favorite. Great one-pot meal."
"My husband loved this recipe and it was very easy to make!"
"This was very simple to make and a big hit in our household. I used the new apple flavored stuffing mix. Yum!"
"this is one of our favorites - absolutely delicious!!"