Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork chops in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the apples, brown sugar, water and salt. Top with meat with stuffing; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Smothered Pork Chops(4)
Sort By :
This is our favorite. Great one-pot meal.
My husband loved this recipe and it was very easy to make!
This was very simple to make and a big hit in our household. I used the new apple flavored stuffing mix. Yum!
this is one of our favorites - absolutely delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >