Smothered Pork Chop Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, parsley flakes and rosemary, crushed
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon peel, salt, pepper, basil, parsley and rosemary; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, place mushrooms on pork chops. Cover each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 1012 calories, 87g fat (24g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 52g protein.
Reviews for Smothered Pork Chop
"Really good...a keeper!"
"Very good recipe, we love these!"
"These pork chops were amazing! I had to improv a bit but it worked out well. Didn't have pepper jack cheese so I used mozzarella instead. Also sauteed shallots with the mushrooms. Really incredible flavor!"
"My husband gobbled up these pork chops no problem. The only thing I did different was saute onions and peppers with the mushrooms. Excellent!"
"We LOVED these pork chops--they were so juicy and flavorful! Even though my kids pulled off the cheese and mushrooms, they still really liked the meat. This recipe is a keeper!!"